Hajj Photos in progress

Camel walking away in ArafatSlowly but surely we’re going through the photos we managed to take during the Hajj. Except for the food ones. During the actual days of Hajj we weren’t really focusing on taking pictures of ourselves or other people, or sneaking cameras into the Masjid-al-Haram. It just didn’t seem to be right to pay attention to those touristy things when we only got to Makkah a few days before the Hajj began.

We did somehow manage to take quite a lot of photos of the things we ate (although not everything!). Somehow, I guess this seemed acceptable…I haven’t sorted through those yet. I just couldn’t face it. Soon we’ll just create an album of the daily food or something.

While I’ve only got up to the days just after the Hajj was completed, anyone who’s interested can go visit Chennette’s Flickr album for Hajj 1429.

The photos are still of Makkah and I have some proper Kaabah shots to upload yet. Not to mention Madinah!! Insha Allah it’ll happen. What with relying on my cameraphone and the Olympus P&S that is supposed to be sister-the-elder’s when we thought we’d have the new Nikon Coolpix we got for the parents…the photos got better as we got used to the camera…AND I am tweaking 😀

1. What do you mean you weren’t focused on taking touristy pictures?

So wrong.

1. ewe_are_here on January 5th, 2009 at 6:29 pm
  2. we can’t all be ewe, ewe know…
    every opportunity is a photo opportunity
    poor innocent children lauded not because of themselves but their valuable studio shots and entertainment value for the whole internet
    :-p

2. Lilandra on January 6th, 2009 at 12:12 am
  3. Wow. I can’t wait to do hajj, inshallah. It must have been amazing to be soo close to the kaaba.

Salaams,
    aka Kimberly

3. Amatullah on January 6th, 2009 at 6:03 pm
  4. The place looks amazing, but I’m not so sure about the food photos thus far. Mind you, if I had to serve it up for 2 million people… Looking forward to seeing more.

4. Trig on January 6th, 2009 at 6:57 pm
  5. @ Ewe – don’t worry, I enjoy the pics of the cute ones 😀 And you should have seen the people posing prayer shots with the Kaabah at an appropriate angle etc. It just seemed…wrong… 😀

@ Amatullah – the first sight of the Kaabah, even the minarets from outside is quite incredible. I know why people always want to go back – the whole experience is amazing. Insha Allah you will make it also.

@ Trig – you mean you don’t like the fries in everything???? ;-)… the food photos aren’t that great…there were some days of quite repetitive food, and even the good food served buffet style doesn’t always look as good as it tastes. Fortunately, we didn’t go there expecting great things from Saudi cuisine especially during the Hajj

5. Chennette on January 6th, 2009 at 9:13 pm
  6. Unfortunately I expected ketchup

6. Lilandra on January 7th, 2009 at 1:25 pm
  7. have a wonderful 2009, dear chennette.

7. bee on January 8th, 2009 at 10:36 pm
  8. Hajj mabrur inshaallaah. Well glad to know you and your family returned in rejuvenated iman and good health – well so so. But alhamdulillaah allyuh alive and well. How is Trinimom? She doing good? Aye when ah first saw that picture of the kebab ah was like they have roti (well skin) in Saudi!!??? Then ah realize is a kebab wrap with fries inside. First time ah hear bout dah one; Ah sure yuh nearly choke? Then yuh talking about stooping toilets like yuh never been to d bathroom in Darul-Uloom or IMG in Kelly?

8. Umar on January 13th, 2009 at 12:58 pm
  9. ameen.

we’re mostly in good health – Trinimom and Lilandra are still fighting some longer term infections, but insha Allah they’re recover with new meds etc.
    yeah, when we realised it was FRIES…even though I was barely awake I had to take a picture!!
    And no, I’ve actually never been to the bathrooms in darul Uloom. And I’ve been to the ones in IMG, but obviously before they had sunnah toilets…

9. Chennette on January 13th, 2009 at 2:06 pm