Gavin Gunhold

It’s been a long time, but someone out there has finally, finally found my blog searching for “gavin gunhold”! Welcome oh MacDonald Hall fan, or fan of fictional made-up Canadian poets or general Korman aficionado, from Wisconsin.

I think that warrants a gratuitous posting of a poem other than the one that used to be on my front page, now relegated to About Chennette. And I think I’ll choose one that’s very timely and food-related:

Industrial Secret
by Gavin Gunhold

The oil companies don’t want you to know
That the average car will run on
Consomme,
If you can figure out a way
To get the parsley out of the carburetor.

And I have broken the recent trend with this, a THIRD post for this month. Momentous indeed.

1. hehehe

1. Lilandra on June 23rd, 2008 at 9:06 pm
  2. glad you find it funnt :-)
    it seems to have frozen commenting on the blog
    Maybe I should do my post on cocoa

2. Chennette on June 26th, 2008 at 11:57 am
  3. Hmm seems as though people do not appreciate Gavin Gunhold …..

3. trinimom on July 3rd, 2008 at 9:24 pm
  4. We thank you for posting too!

4. Cranky Putz on July 9th, 2008 at 2:27 pm
  5. Do you have “Registration Day”?

5. Jonn on August 28th, 2008 at 4:53 pm
  6. Registration Day by Gavin Gunhold

“On registration day at taxidermy school
    I distinctly saw the eyes of the stuffed moose
    Move.”

6. Lilandra on August 29th, 2008 at 2:09 am
  7. I spent my childhood believing the only Gunholds were my own family. I was terribly excited when a friend of mine in grade five did a book report on the Bruno and Boots book concerning Gavin Gunhold. I ran home to tell my mom that maybe Gunhold wasn’t such an odd name to have if Gordon Korman had heard of it. This was when my mother, head of children’s and young adult services for the Calgary Public Library, mentioned that she knew Gordon Korman, and he had asked her if she minded him using her last name in a book. I cannot possibly express to you my disappointment. Just thought you might get a kick out of that.

7. Neil Gunhold on October 5th, 2008 at 12:41 pm
  8. Hi Neil and Welcome!
    Oh, I love that story – sorry you didn’t find other Gunholds, but G Gavin Gunhold being inspired by your family name is way better. I think 😀

8. Chennette on October 6th, 2008 at 12:55 am
  9. I agree with the above.
    Having G Gavin Gunhold being inspired by your fmaily name is the coolest thing ever!

I loved how he popped up repeatedly in many of Korman’s books.

P.s. Yes, I too came across this blog as a result of googling “Gavin Gunhold”. (It was the second hit.)

P.p.s.
    Fruit Fly
    by Gavin Gunhold

Due to the tragically short life span of the average
    fruit fly,
    College is not really an option.
    Caps and gowns don”t come in that size anyway.

9. Adam on November 13th, 2008 at 3:28 pm
  10. Hey Adam – yeah Fruit Fly is the one I used to have permanently on my sidebar a while ago :-) I retain it on my About page.
    Hmmm…methinks it might be time to do another GGG poem!

10. Chennette on November 13th, 2008 at 3:39 pm