Welcome to the New Me

Well, my new home on the internet, at least. New me? We’ll see.

I have a couple real posts to publish this week, about my cooking ventures recently, during my time home (more Alton Brown/Good Eats mandatory recipes) and from my Old Year’s weekend by myself in Guyana. But this is just me checking in, to update the readership on the move to chennette.net. All the posts and pages have been moved (with comments intact, for the most part), and the links are more or less updated. Browsing Lifespan of a Chennette from here should be a fairly seamless experience if you’re used to the old blog, and on the smallest of chances you’re new, you’ll never know otherwise :-)

I am currently in the process of locking down the posts at the old site, to prevent further commenting etc and updating all the links to lead to the posts and pages here. For the next month, all those pages at chennette.wordpress.com will still be viewable, but you should get the hints (in bright blue) to update your links and join me over here, you know, with the newness 😀

There may be a few (very few) missing images as most of my photos were hosted on Flickr, but some will have to be uploaded here. Forgive any blank space you may encounter. It will pass, with time.

I can’t be entirely sure of the future direction of Lifespan of a Chennette, now that it is all grown up with its own home. I know I will probably not do very many formal restaurant reviews, unless they’re showcasing a Caribbean establishment the world needs to know – from the “native” perspective. If I have an experience and photos worth sharing, I will. Recipes (the family’s and mine), thoughts on food, travel and the Caribbean, definitely. Whether that makes this a food blog, travel blog, or a blog with a personality disorder…I do not know. But I will be posting regularly.

Ah. This was my first official post on Chennette.net, my very own domain for the New Year. Thank you to all of you who were so loyal at wordpress.com, and making my blog into something much more than I ever hoped.

Stay tuned!

1. Oooh. Aaaaah. Regular posting promises.

Now there’s a resolution I’m sure I could make and break fairly rapidly… reminds me, I have to get on those!

And I suppose at some point I’ll need to take pictures of my real new digs. 😉

1. ewe_are_here on January 3rd, 2008 at 4:52 am
  2. looking good.

2. Dre on January 3rd, 2008 at 6:05 am
  3. I like the new look and I’ve updated the URL.

Happy New Year!

3. Cynthia on January 3rd, 2008 at 9:33 am
  4. Nice look and feel for 2008.

I also like the sound of chennette.net – it rhymes :)

4. aka_lol on January 3rd, 2008 at 9:47 am
  5. Hi Cynthia :-)
    It’s still a work in progress, but it’s happening.

Aka – yes, when I discovered the dot com was being held by some miscreant whose actual name is probably chennette, I was more than appeased by the rhyming of the dot net 😀

5. Chennette on January 3rd, 2008 at 10:09 am
  6. Ewe you know, of course, that the term “regular” is all relative. It can mean daily, weekly, monthly, yearly… 😉 But there’s no point to starting anew without fresh promises, is there. And I guess I promise to try to keep my promises.

Thanks Dre!

6. Chennette on January 3rd, 2008 at 10:54 am
  7. Congratulations!

7. Lilandra on January 3rd, 2008 at 9:37 pm
  8. we wish you and your blog a wondferful 2008.

8. bee on January 5th, 2008 at 1:32 pm
  9. Thanks so much Lilandra and Bee.

9. Chennette on January 5th, 2008 at 2:27 pm
  10. Congrautlations on your own webspace – the world is your oyster – now blog on it!!!!!
    😉

10. TamarindBall on January 6th, 2008 at 8:18 pm
  11. Thanks TB – 2008 brings more blog posts for you too, right ;-)?

11. Chennette on January 7th, 2008 at 11:42 am
  12. Aye, nice place you’ve got here. Looking forward to more from Chennette.

12. Liane Spicer on January 11th, 2008 at 12:50 am
  13. It’s funny I’ve playing scrabble and chatting to you online more than reading the blog…:$ so am glad that I decided to check my feed reader today, lest I waited a few more days and been left out in the dark. Happy New Year and Happy New Blog Location?? Not sure of the protocol…:)

13. Rone on January 23rd, 2008 at 11:45 am
  14. Chennette will graciously accept those greetings, belated and however phrased. She is gracious that way, in case you weren’t previously aware.

Truth is, I haven’t had much time so far this year to spend more frequent regular time on the blog, so I am glad I managed at least some substantive posts. I hope when the January rush dies down, I can establish a better schedule.

And as with scrabble, I figured you’d reach here eventually! Chennette is psychic that way.

14. Chennette on January 23rd, 2008 at 11:04 pm

One Trackback

1. By   Announcements — Lifespan of a Chennette on June 19, 2008 at 12:53 am

[…] may have noticed that, as of late, I have been posting maybe twice per month if so much. So much for my plans loudly declared at the beginning of the year. And I am fast approaching my 2nd anniversary at Lifespan of a Chennette…but it’s work. […]