My Celebrity Chef Match?

Seriously? Emeril?

Who’s Your Celebrity Chef Match?

My Result: Emeril Lagasse

Take this test!

Bam! When it comes to whipping up something in the kitchen, you’re rarely afraid to kick it up a notch. That’s why your celebrity chef match is Emeril Lagasse, the king of notch-kicking. While some may be a little intimidated by cooking and recipes, you tend to have fun in the kitchen (and in life), throwing caution (and sometimes even recipes) to the wind. After all, it’s only food.

To you, the most important thing is to have a good time, which is why you probably enjoy sharing your culinary enthusiasm with friends and family. When you do entertain, you have a knack for throwing a little heart into everything you prepare — and there’s no better ingredient in the world.

Take this test>

I don’t have anything against Emeril really, in fact, I have used his recipes and think he makes excellent food. I just can’t watch him. At all. I don’t get why people think he’s a great TV chef. He always seems flat on the screen and doesn’t draw me in at all. Even when I am interested in the food. Maybe it’s a personality thing. Maybe I haven’t seen the right shows (cannot stand the Live one). But the description of my cooking-style and approach to food seem reasonably accurate. I guess I am a notch-kicker-upper. I just didn’t know it.

BAM!

And for more Celebrity Chef miscellany this Tuesday morning, read Anthony Bourdain’s rundown on the Food Network chefs from earlier in the year: NOBODY ASKED ME, BUT… (guest blogging on Michael Ruhlman’s blog). So funny. And I am glad he likes Alton Brown. Because I like both ABs. One day I want to post on these TV chefs, although it won’t be nearly as interesting. Sample Bourdain on Sandra Lee:

“Pure evil. This frightening Hell Spawn of Kathie Lee and Betty Crocker seems on a mission to kill her fans, one meal at a time. She Must Be Stopped. Her death-dealing can-opening ways will cut a swath of destruction through the world if not contained”

Just my way of sharing the joy.

(wait for it…)

BAM!!

1. see
    you are Emeril

why else would you go

BAM!!

1. Lilandra, Empress of Chocolate and Envious Sister on December 11th, 2007 at 1:28 pm
  2. ’cause i was trying to feel out my new identity

2. chennette on December 11th, 2007 at 2:58 pm
  3. Ooo! I’m Jamie Oliver.
    Dunno if it’s true.
    Do I need the accent???

Lilandra, your celebrity chef match is The Naked Chef

No cause for alarm! Your cooking counterpart doesn’t sauté, simmer, or season in his birthday suit. It’s just his take on food prep that’s naked. Like Jamie Oliver, you’ve probably got a low-key, no-frills approach to cuisine — and maybe to life, too!

Whether you’re cooking for company or for yourself, you’re keen on creating succulent flavors that make your taste buds do summersaults — without spending the whole day slaving over a hot stove. After all, you’ve got other things to do and places to be. And your knack for keeping up with culinary trends and stripping cooking down to the basics will make your cooking a winning welcome at any meal.

3. Lilandra, Empress of Chocolate and Envious Sister on December 11th, 2007 at 3:47 pm
  4. I had read that post on Ruhlman’s blog a while back – it is lethal.

Like you, I can’t watch Emeril on TV, particularly the LIVE show which had it’s final taping yesterday, it has been cancelled. He is more watchable on the Essence of Emeril.

I first started following him (on TV) when he would make appearances on Good Morning America, he was very good then at drawing people in and actually communicating with the audience at home and honestly, he is a broadcaster’s dream when it comes to LIVE programming as he could ad-lib well and stretch. I think perhaps he got way too comfortable in his LIVE show and lost of some of that connection that attracted people in the first place.

4. Cynthia on December 12th, 2007 at 8:44 pm
  5. Going to take the test now. Will let you know :)

5. Cynthia on December 12th, 2007 at 8:44 pm
  6. It says my match is Emeril too! (lol)

6. Cynthia on December 12th, 2007 at 8:54 pm
  7. good to know Cynthia 😀
    It seems people who are into Emeril got drawn in earlier, but I only ever saw him on tv within the past year.
    I loved Bourdain’s and Ruhlman’s commentary on the Next Iron Chef series, although I only got to see a couple eps myself. I have been trying to keep up with the food world online, but I am late on some things 😀

7. chennette on December 12th, 2007 at 9:04 pm
  8. i used to love Cooking Live.
    *sigh*

8. Lilandra, Empress of Chocolate and Envious Sister on December 13th, 2007 at 12:39 am
  9. My match is Iron Chef. That’s not really a chef, is it? That’s okay, I’m not really a cook. Maybe I gave all the wrong answers. Also, thank you for the link to Bourdain’s blog comments. I was relieved to see his praise for both Alton and Mario.

9. mark - in my own defense on December 15th, 2007 at 11:41 pm
  10. You can always use the line, “I may be no cook, but I RULE KITCHEN STADIUM!”

10. chennette on December 15th, 2007 at 11:53 pm
  11. Aka, your celebrity chef match is Chef Boyardee

OK, so maybe you don’t eat from a can every night, but for you, convenience is critical when you’re in the kitchen. Sure, cooking from scratch is nice from time to time. But with your busy lifestyle, you don’t always have the time, or the inclination, to do so. For you, canned soups or packaged potatoes aren’t considered cheating necessarily. They just give you a head start. And that’s OK by you.

If spending less time in the kitchen means spending more time with friends, family, and on other pursuits, that suits you just fine. After all, life is too short to spend hours in the kitchen whisking, pureeing, and sautéing just to prepare something that will disappear in a matter of minutes. Our guess is that your passions lie outside the kitchen. Which is not to say you don’t enjoy a good meal made as a labor of love, just as long as someone else is preparing it.

11. aka_lol on December 16th, 2007 at 4:36 pm
  12. I guess someone has to be Chef Boyardee… 😉
    And I admit – I have mac’n’cheese boxes in my cupboard (although it generally makes me queasy when I’ve eaten it) and those packs of ramen noodles. And if frozen foods were available readily, I’d have some of those in the freezer.

12. chennette on December 17th, 2007 at 12:09 am
  13. I got Julia Child??? Me? Julia Child…admittedly I was creeped out. I’m taking the quiz all over again until I feel they really get me, in the meantime yet once again I’ve managed to prove that random tests aren’t always right. I also never pictured you as Emeril…next time I see you you can say BAM! and I’ll see if it fits….that comment on Sandra Lee is so apt I don’t get her show/food at all, and it isn’t like I won’t do a short cut (as you well know)–don’t get her the way you don’t get Emeril. Emeril has grown tiresome to me, I don’t think even he enjoys it anymore.

Am enjoying posting to very old entries…as I’m giving you a chance to return to them…least that’s what I tell myself.

15. Rone on January 23rd, 2008 at 9:15 pm
  14. Yeah, I don’t watch Emeril enough to know if I cook like him, so it was a shock
    Meanwhile, who knew you were the Queen of Butter and all that?

16. Chennette on January 23rd, 2008 at 10:43 pm

1. By Turkey: Finally, the Food « Lifespan of a Chennette on December 17, 2007 at 3:29 pm

[…] My Celebrity Chef Match? […]